The scientific research strategy of the Turku PET Centre involves four major research areas (co-ordinating professor):
- Cardiovascular and metabolic research (CoE)
- Neurotransmission (prof. Juha Rinne)
- Radiochemistry and Targetry (prof. Olof Solin)
- Cancer research (prof Haikki Minn)
- Preclinical Imaging and Drug Research (prof. Anne Roivainen)
The studies are carried out together with basic scientists, dedicated physicists and radiochemists, experienced clinical investigators and other professionals. Collaboration between academia and industry is also active. More details in Research Strategy.
General information and guidance for investigators on projects to be performed at Turku PET Centre can be found on Turku CRC web page
(currently the information leaflet only in Finnish, document templates in English).